Tuesday, December 11, 2012

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to!


Isn't she sweet!

This is Thing 5
This picture is from her 1st birthday last week.  I can't believe how this year has flown by!
I promise she doesn't always look like this.  She really is a little cutie!
   She just knows what she wants and how to get it.  
And I don't blame her, when you are #5 you have to make yourself be heard! 
 

For the kids birthdays I try to make something fun.
Whether it's cupcakes, cakepops, or a fun cake, I try to make it special.
By far, my favorite blog when it comes to making cute treats is Bakerella.
That Girl is AMAZING!

I don't necessarily love to bake.  I enjoy baking but what I love to do is decorate!
Bakerella has so many incredible ideas! 
When I first found her blog I spent hours going through her posts.  
Everything she makes is beautiful.

For Little Miss I wanted to make something just as sweet as she is! 

So here we have:
Strawberry Milkshake Cupcakes



Soooo fun to make and easy too!

I found the idea here at Bakerella and followed her instructions.
 I even got to try my hand at making ganache for the chocolate syrup!
It sounds fancy but it's simple to make and is so yummy.
And for the perfect finishing touch I got to use pink paper straws and red gumballs 
for the cherries on top.
 

The kids loved them!
They even tried to suck their cupcakes through the straws. Silly kiddos :)


FYI: If you're wondering where I got my paper straws, I ordered them from Pick Your Plum.
It was one of their awesome daily deals.  I ordered red, pink, baby blue, and lime green.  I can't wait for more things to use them for.  I think they are so fun!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment