Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Some before pictures

So right now I'm in the middle of a HUGE project.

Of course I forgot to take pictures at the very beginning, but this is where I am now.




I used to have bookshelves on either side of the fireplace.  I know, it sounds lovely right?
Not so lovely.  I promise.  They were big nasty oak beasts that took over the whole room 
and made it look dark and small.  


You can see a glimpse of them to the left of my bunch of halloween cuties.
The kids: Cute   The bookshelves: Gross

The trim is also 90's oak through most of the house. Ick.

And here is the kitchen:


 
Oak, oak, and more oak.  Disgusting.  Enough said.


The plan:
Rip out the oak bookshelves...done!
Paint the trim around the windows... just finished!
Build new bookshelves... in progress.
Add overhead lighting in the family room
Put up curtains
Add crown to the cabinets
Paint kitchen cabinets
New cabinet hardware
New tile backsplash
New kitchen faucet
Paint the walls
Replace the flooring
Replace the oak wall trim
Add crown moulding
Replace oak door casings and doors
 
and probably a bunch more I'm forgetting.
 
So what I tell people is "Don't mind the messy house. We're under construction."
That's a good excuse, right? :)

Well, I'll keep you updated!


 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment